Monday, December 21, 2009

Compassion to Relieve Stress

We all want to relax over the Holidays...and one of the best gifts you can give yourself, is compassion...it will relieve stress because to can unchain your heart from the ropes of frustration and anger...here is the process:

1. Step 1: “Just like me, this person is seeking happiness in his/her life.”
2. Step 2: “Just like me, this person is trying to avoid suffering in his/her life.”
3. Step 3: “Just like me, this person has known sadness, loneliness and despair.”
4. Step 4: “Just like me, this person is seeking to fill his/her needs.”
5. Step 5: “Just like me, this person is learning about life.”

It is all perspective, you know? Be like the hawk in the native tradition and see the bigger picture...happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment