Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What Don't I Know Here?

Understanding is the ultimate seduction of the mind.-- Stephen Levine


I have always loved this quote…I think being compassionate in this holiday season means that we see with new eyes-pretend that we don’t know - and look again, for the first time-“what don’t I know here?” (my answer is usually "ALOT")


I helped push a guy’s car out of the snow yesterday at UNR…though it looked as though he was ok and did not need help…I then looked again, and guess what? He did and he even made eye contact with me and we connected…I felt good that I took a second look…it was nice to be able to assist, many have done it for me in the past, I am just paying it forward.


Being open and looking to learn can be a very peaceful activity as we look to make sense of the world. Thinking that we know "enough" closes us off to learning more and seeing the bigger picture - a great way to relieve stress...what will you learn about in this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment