Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Stress-Buster! Good Ole' Gratitude

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." --Melody Beattie

Melody's thought has always been one of my favorite quotes about giving thanks. Today, begins a VERY special week...it is time to get things in perspective. Yes, I see all the stats - unemployment, stock prices, the lines for food, the homeless - I see and hear the pain. I have heard it from people like never before, YET, I know that for me to keep my consciousness high, I re-gain my perspective from gratitude, and it gives me a new look.

I think about about the wonderful experiences I have had in my life that support me - my family upbringing - my parents and how much freedom to learn and explore that I was given. I know my teachers were all perfect - all along the way - grade school and high school - but all the others. My workplaces, my friends, the people who hurt me, those who love me, my dogs, my homes, my vacations, those who come to my classes and teach me....the people I am blessed with in my life today - my partner, Sandy...there is sooooo much and it is what I remind myself this week...

What do I need (vs. want)? I need to know that I am alright, right now...with who I am, what I have, and where I believe I serve this world the best. It is my best live. I am grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your blessings today! Look at them all with your heart and feel it - your heart knows that you are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment