Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Looking with "New" Eyes

"If a pickpocket meets a Holy Man, he will see only his pockets." - --Hari Dass

Every time I read this, I laugh...that is good unto itself. Laughing is a great stress reducer....AND when you can laugh and learn something, what a blessing!!!

Yet, to clarify...what does this mean to me? If I find myself judging someone or something, and feeling stressed about it...widening my view of the person or situation allows me to see the greater picture of who they are or what the situation is. It gives me the "view from the balcony", which helps me understand more, and judge less, and feel less stressed about it.

If I only see the pockets of the Holy Man, I am usually too attached to what those pockets are really about, and that attachment creates stress for me. Loosing my grip of that attachment, viewing it from a higher place, helps me ease into another possibility...and I love seeing new possibilities about people and situations, don't you? Knowing many possibilities exist reduces my fear and stress....and I am not stuck with one way or one perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment