Monday, October 5, 2009

Mirrors in Life

"Any situation that you find yourself in, is an outward reflection of your inner state of being-ness." -- El Morya

Have you ever noticed that what you are feeling on the inside is showing up in your "outside" world? I have had my own experiences lately that just amplify this and have been in coaching sessions where clients have shared this with me.

I would like to say that my mirrors were reflecting peace and harmony, but alas, no! It was just about the polar opposite - it was the disgruntlement and frustrations of people that I encountered which was simply a reflection of what I was feeling about some issues for me at work lately. What it meant for me in the short term was that we had alot to whine about...but even as I was complaining and trying to be right (a BIG clue!), there was that small, still voice that yelled at me: "MIRROR!"

So, for the long term and for my own health and well-being, whining was not the answer but it was a red flag to me that I was off center, out of balance, and stressed! As much as I did not want to succomb to that still voice within me immediately, I did hear it - it was right - my ego was shouting loud and clear, and frankly, about nothing really all that life-altering.

These mirrors in our lives are gifts - we should thank them and learn from them...they are there because we are not "mindful" and aware enough to notice our own being-ness by ourselves. I keep thinking, one of these days, I will not need the mirrors, but I doubt it...I always want the teachers and the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment